Thank you for your time and prayers today. It was good to see you all.
* There have been a lot of questions and information circulating about the details of the stimulus plan. We strongly recommend that you proceed cautiously as the landscape continues to change. We will keep you updated as more information become available. We have attached three documents, distributed through the Office the Treasury. They are attached here:
- Paycheck Protection Program Overview
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Information Fact Sheet
- Borrower Paycheck Protection Program Application
* If you have resources or questions about Holy Week and Easter, please reach out to one another to share ideas and support. A list of helpful guidelines are found on the diocesan website. Rob Courtney (firstname.lastname@example.org) , Tommy Dillon (email@example.com) and Richard Easterling (firstname.lastname@example.org) have also offered to be available for questions.
*CPG has extended deadlines for payment of property insurance (90 days) and health insurance (60 days). NOTE: This is not premium relief, only deferment. However, if you wish to apply for pension payment relief, please contact the bishop directly.
*I am working on creative ways to connect with parishes with whom I have scheduled visitations and am unable to attend. I will be in touch with more information.
*Remember that we need to abide by the governor’s stay-at-home and social distancing guidelines until April 30th. I am certain that this date will be revisited in the next few weeks.
*Renewal of Ordination Vows will take place next week (April 7th) during our 11:00am Zoom call. We will send you a bulletin that you can use. We will also be able participate via split screen on Zoom. I will bless chrism that will be available for you to pick up at a later date. Please let us know if you need oil immediately.
I continue to keep each of you in my prayers.
The Rt. Rev. Morris K. Thompson, Jr.
Bishop of Louisiana