Last week, the National Hurricane Center, during National Hurricane Preparedness Week, ran a series of informative articles that went into great detail on how to protect your home and to keep yourself and your family safe before, during, and after a hurricane. You can read the National Hurricane Preparedness Week blog posts series here: https://noaanhc.wordpress.com/
In the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana we are in week four of Episcopal Relief and Development’s “A Season of Resilience”. What we like about this program is that it breaks down those three key points of preparedness into manageable tasks. Below you will find a list of things to do and items to add to your emergency kit this week.
Don’t panic if you have not gotten started yet. However, we do urge you take some time before hurricane season really becomes active to prepare yourself and family for whatever disaster may come your way (not just hurricanes).
- Read Preparing for Hurricane Season 2016 – Things to do the First Week of May
- Read Preparing for Hurricane Season 2016 – Things to do the Second Week of May
- Read Preparing for Hurricane Season 2016 – Things to do the Third Week of May
- Click here to download a PDF of the full Episcopal Relief and Development’s “A Season of Resilience” guide.
- You can download the A Season of Resilience Social Media Graphics Zip File here.
- Click here for more resources on preparing your congregation and family for disasters on our Disaster Preparedness page.