COORDINATOR OF CHILDREN’S and YOUTH MINISTRIES of TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Position Summary: The Coordinator of Children’s and Youth Ministries is responsible for working with the Rector and Curate to define, organize, and conduct spiritually nurturing events for children and youth at Trinity. The Coordinator of Youth Ministries also works closely with the Parish Administrator to schedule and publish a calendar of youth events in the weekly parish newsletter.
Status: The Coordinator of Children’s and Youth Ministries position requires a work commitment averaging 10 to 15 hours per week.
Reports To/ Responsible To: The Coordinator of Children’s and Youth Ministries reports to the Rector (or priest-in-charge or senior warden in the absence of a rector) of Trinity Church.
Position Details/ Tasks/ Expectations:
1) Develop, implement, and evaluate children’s and youth programs and events consistent with Trinity Episcopal Church’s beliefs and in conjunction with the expressed needs of parents and youth in the parish. Youth meetings and events should be held at least once per week during the school year.
2) Prepare a calendar of children’s and youth events and publicize these events to the Church, School and wider community.
3) Attend Sunday worship services to make connections with Trinity’s children and youth and encourage them to attend events.
4) Coordinate recruiting and training of volunteers for children’s Sunday School, assist with curriculum, prepare communications for newsletter, bulletins and other forms of communications for the Church, School and, when appropriate, the wider community.
5) Schedule children’s and youth Sunday School teachers.
6) Assist with Vacation Bible School, including recruiting volunteers and developing program.
7) Publicize and encourage participation in parish, deanery, and diocesan youth events.
8) Coordinate with other church councils, i.e. Outreach, Worship, etc. as needed for events that involve children’s and youth participation.
9) Maintain on ACS Realm, or any successor system that Trinity may adopt, an up-to-date roster of participants and parents, including contact information.
10) Maintain a safe child environment, following School and Diocesan policies.
11) Assist in planning intergenerational events, liturgies and services, such as Trinity School Sunday, as requested by the Rector.
12) Attend continuing education programs as appropriate.
13) Attend Diocesan training events for youth ministries.
14) Provide a pastoral presence and spiritual example to young people at Trinity.
15) Provide an opportunity for youth mission work during each summer.
1) Maintain current certifications as required by the church and diocese to work with youth and children
2) Have good organizational skills
3) Possess a kind and loving spirit
4) Exhibit patience with children and youth
5) Friendly and cooperative having a pleasant, diplomatic personality
6) Good communication and people skills
7) Have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Benefits: Details about benefits for part time employees can be found in the Employee Handbook for Trinity Episcopal Church.