Volunteer with Hurricane Ida Relief
Thank you for helping us provide relief to the thousands of people who were affected by Hurricane Ida. Our diocese is partnering with Episcopal Relief & Development to address ongoing needs.
For all questions, please contact our volunteer coordinator Meg Kendrick at email@example.com.
Scope of work
- Gutting houses and cleaning up debris
- Distributing disaster supplies
- Cooking and distributing meals
- Under age 18: 1 adult per 4 youth is required
- Ages 18+: No restrictions
What to wear / bring with you on your volunteer trip
- Eye protection
- Long pants and long sleeves
- Sturdy work shoes with puncture proof shoes (no sneakers and no open toed shoes)
- Heavy work gloves
- Nose and mouth shields / respirators
- When mold is present consider the use of Tyvek suits and rubber boots
All volunteers must fill out and return a volunteer agreement and release form and the volunteer medical form before working with the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana in a flooded house or building.