Safeguarding God’s Children & Safeguarding God’s People
The Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana is committed to welcoming and protecting all people who participate in activities in our parishes and at events sponsored by the diocese. Sexual misconduct on the part of any clergy person, employee or volunteer of any congregation, school or diocesan affiliated organization violates the mission of the Church, is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
The Safeguarding God’s Children & Safeguarding God’s People courses teach how exploitation and harassment occur, the awareness we need to prevent such occurrences and how to respond, should an incident of exploitation or harassment occur.
Documents to Download:
Recognizing and Reporting Abuse and Neglect
- EDOLA Recognizing and Reporting Abuse of Children 2016
- EDOLA Reporting Summary
- DCFS Child Abuse Reporting Form
- Confidential Notice of Concern
Background Checks and Applying for Positions
- Background Check Policy
- Safeguarding Background Check Chart
- Disclosure and Authorization Form - Employees
- Disclosure and Authorization Form - Volunteers
- Summary of Rights Under FRCA
- Sample Application Form - Employees
- Sample Information Form - Volunteers
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll in training?
- Go to website.PraesidiumInc.com/EnrollNow
- Enter the registration code: edola504
- Fill out the form and click the link to enroll. Be sure to choose your parish from the organization drop down menu.
- Print the page or write down your user login and password for future reference.
- To begin taking training immediately, click the link or follow the instructions to the right to login later.
How do I begin training?
- Go to website.PraesidiumInc.com/LoginNow
- Enter your user login and password.
- Click on the title of the course to begin.
How often do I need to renew this training?
Every three years.
Is there a cost to be trained?
How do I know if I need to be trained?
Please review this chart: Safeguarding Training Chart
In addition to this training, do I also need a background check?
Please review this chart: Safeguarding Background Check Chart
Yes. In addition to this training, a criminal record check and sex offender registry check may be required in any state where the trainee has resided during the prior seven years. A DMV check may also be required. Background checks should be renewed every six years. For more information, contact the Safeguarding Minister at your organization.
How do I report an incident?
1623 Seventh Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
Phone: (504) 895-6634
Fax: (504) 208-3511
Connect With Us