Our Vision and Mission
The Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana is one church, faithful to our Lord Jesus, united in mission, reaching out through service and proclamation to all for whom Christ died. We live in joyous expectation of God’s transforming power, compassion, and mercy in our lives.
The Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana is, by grace, a vital community, reborn in the wake of tragedy, forging a new
and prophetic environment of healing, trust and empowerment as servants
of Jesus Christ.
Mission of the Episcopal Church
The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ. The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love. The Church carries out its mission through the ministry of all its members. (Book of Common Prayer, p. 855)
The Five Marks of Mission
The 2012 General Convention established the Anglican Communion Five Marks of Mission as a mission priority framework for the 2013-2015 triennium:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth