The Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana through the Gaudet Scholarship Program awards scholarships to advance the education of black African American students by providing need-based partial scholarships for attending primary and secondary schools that offer rigorous curricula in preparation for entry to and completion of college.
- Frances Joseph Gaudet scholarships are to be used solely for the education of black African American youth.
- Gaudet Scholarships will provide need-based partial scholarships.
- Priority will be given to students living within the Diocese of Louisiana attending Episcopal schools within that diocese.
- A Report of Family Contribution (School Report) from School and Student Service for Financial Aid or a report by ISM FAST and a financial award from the student’s school, if the school awards need-based aid, are required to be considered for a Gaudet scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded to individual students. Funds will be disbursed to the school on behalf of the student.
- A student awarded a scholarship in one year is eligible for scholarships in future years, provided that the student fulfills the application requirements each year.
- Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year are due to the Gaudet Fund Committee not later than Thursday, April 30, 2015.
Scholarship Application Information
To be considered for a Gaudet scholarship, a student must have been accepted for admission to a school, and the student’s parent(s) must have committed to the child attending that school. The SSS code number is 3619 for Episcopal Community Services-Gaudet Scholarship The scholarship application at page 3 explains the process in detail. The application deadline for the 2015-2016 school year has passed. Check back in January 2016 for the 2016-2017 scholarship application.